Our mission at FACEIT Group is to power the community, to bring the best competitive experiences to the world for gamers, game developers and community organizers. FACEIT Media, our events business, contributes to the mission by producing world class esports tournaments and events.
You will report to the CFO and be responsible for the entire P&L and Working Capital of the Media division including project accounting, financial projections, cost control, sales forecasting, information systems and business partnering the team to drive profitability. The Media team is split between LA in the US and London, in the UK, therefore the candidate has to be prepared to spend considerable time working with the team based in a different time zone.
You will monitor the progress of projects, investigate variances, approve costs, and ensure that project billings are issued to customers and payments collected, essentially acting as a senior production accountant. You will develop the financial aspects of the business case for each proposed project together with the business.
As a Senior Finance Business Partner at FACEIT Media, you will be responsible for driving the financial performance at this Tier 1 esports broadcasting, tournament operations and live events company. In return you will have the opportunity to work closely with our team of product managers, designers, league operations staff, management and our partners to bring to life some of the most exciting and innovative products in esports that create transformational experiences for gamers millions of times each week.
What you’ll be doing:
- Tracking all of the financial components of a project such as budgets, estimates, costs, bookings and billing
- Creating project budgets in collaboration with the project teams
- Monitoring whether a project is on track, within budget and profitable
- Maintaining project reports, including all relevant income and expenditure for each project
- Business partnering with non-finance managers to develop processes and the understanding of financial requirements
- Analysing project expenses and creating cost savings via data driven and actionable procurement insights
- Overseeing project records and contracts to ensure terms are adhered to
- Employee utilisation analysis per project
- Creating bespoke financial reports (i.e. post-mortem etc)
- Evaluating new business pipeline and key client plans
- Billing events revenue and credit control of the receivables
- Managing the working capital requirements and cash flow by project and as a whole to ensure liquidity
- Developing financial systems to make processes more user friendly
Who you are:
- A qualified accountant
- Experience in international multicurrency media industry and ideally in a fast paced events environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, and the ability to build strong relationships
- Ability and wish for local and international travel about 40% of the time (to attend the events and visit head office)
- Working with international team the candidate has to be flexible to accommodate time differences
- Passion for the events and the ability to work flexibly to accommodate fast paced nature of the business
- Highly analytical with strong attention to detail
- Exceptional planning and project management skills
- Benefits plan
- Flexible working environment
- Regular social activities with the team including quarterly team outings
- Your professional growth is important to us. We provide ongoing training opportunities