With more than 25m users playing 30m matches every month FACEIT is the leading competitive gaming platform. We provide gamers the best experience possible by making sure we are always on top of our tech – and continue to deliver industry leading features to our already awesome platform!
As a Principal Software Engineer, you will play a critical role in the design and development of our cutting-edge distributed APIs and microservices. With a focus on Golang/Go, GCP, Microservices, and Kubernetes, our tech stack is at the forefront of technology.
Our team of highly skilled engineers work in collaborative, cross-functional teams, taking ownership of various services such as matchmaking, clans, growth, monetization, and more. Our engineers are not just responsible for developing and improving our existing features, but also for driving innovation and pushing the boundaries of what’s possible.
We’re looking for an experienced principal level engineer who can bring their expertise and leadership skills to our team, helping us to tackle new and exciting challenges as we continue to build and scale our platform. If you’re passionate about technology and driven by the desire to deliver amazing user experiences, we’d love to hear from you.
- In-depth commercial experience with Go/Golang, including designing and implementing high-performance, scalable distributed systems.
- Expertise in designing, developing, and deploying APIs, scheduled procedures, and microservices in a production environment.
- Adept knowledge of RESTful, gRPC, and API design principles, as well as asynchronous communication and event-driven architectures.
- Proven ability to lead and mentor teams, providing technical guidance and best practices for software development.
- Experience with SOLID and DRY principles, as well as a deep understanding of software design patterns and principles.
- Proficiency in deploying, scaling, and managing complex applications using Docker and Kubernetes.
- Adequate testing skills, including experience with automated testing, continuous integration, and continuous delivery.
- Track record of delivering large-scale, complex applications with high performance, reliability, and security
- An interest in video games and esports is a plus
- Previous experience working with NoSQL databases would be highly valued.
- Flexible working environment;
- Work with the best tech available;
- Company book club, and gaming nights;
- Company (virtual) drinks session every Friday;
- Quarterly team outings;
- Your professional growth is important to us. We provide ongoing training opportunities;
- Best of all Free Premium FACEIT user account.