FACEIT is looking for a Legal Counsel to join our fast-paced rapidly growing global business. You will report to our Chief Strategy Officer & General Counsel and work directly with the business providing you with an outstanding opportunity to make a high impact contribution to a thriving company on the cutting edge of technology, gaming, esports and media.
Principal duties include advising on, structuring, drafting and negotiating nondisclosure agreements, services and subcontractor agreements, license agreements, media, technology, and other commercial agreements and providing ongoing legal advice in a wide range of areas, including intellectual property, software development, esports events, competitive leagues and contests, GDPR, and regulatory and corporate compliance. You will be serving as counsel on strategic deals, resolving issues that arise in existing commercial relationships and handling pre-litigation disputes.
Some travel, domestic and international, may be required. The ideal candidate will be down-to-earth, personable and be able to build good rapport with senior management and colleagues. A self-starter with common sense, sound judgment, and an awesome sense of humour will go a long way in this role.
- Strong academic credentials, including an appropriate law degree and duly admitted to practice law
- PQE: 2+ years legal experience as a transactional legal counsel
- A mix of corporate law firm and in-house experience is a plus, preferably with some portion of that focussed on international technology and commercial transactions
- Ability to demonstrate excellent judgment even in ambiguous situations
- Interest in gaming/esports a plus
- Experience with EU and UK regulations, including data privacy and consumer protection
- Fluency in more than one non-English language a plus
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to manage multiple projects at once, follow through and meet deadlines
- Strong analytical and computer skills
- Ability to work independently while being able to contribute successfully to cross-functional teams
- Lunch provided daily;
- Kitchen stocked with refreshments, cereals, bread, spreads (coffee machines everywhere – our founding team is Italian after all!);
- Pension plan
- Flexible working environment
- Monthly drinks and dinner in the office;
- Monthly massages;
- Quarterly team outings;
- 5 a side twice monthly;
- Your professional growth is important to us. We provide ongoing training opportunities;