At FACEIT, we strive to create the best gaming experiences by fostering communities and ecosystems around games. Today, more than 30 million matches are being played on our platform every month within our community of more than 22 million players and tournament organisers.
This unique role has the mission to ensure the company’s success by helping the CEO execute on key strategic initiatives. It includes leading initiatives that are:
- Part of the routine execution plan of the CEO (i.e. Leadership Meetings),
- important but not urgent or are under resourced,
- so broad that can’t live within a function but are too much work for the CEO, or
- important to the CEO
You will work closely together with the CEO executing on his behalf and it is a unique opportunity to see every aspect of a fast-growing startup at the CEO level.
Your days will be busy (good busy). You will need to understand company priorities and strategy, manage key communications, partner with the executive team, coordinate meetings chaired by the CEO, and execute strategic projects.
In order to be successful in this role, you will need to have a flexible approach to working hours as the company has offices based worldwide in varying time zones, but we believe flexibility works on both sides; you can expect us to be just as flexible.
What you will do
The responsibilities include both directed work that will mostly be triggered by a direction from the CEO as well as leadership work that is self-directed.
Executive Support to the CEO
- Execute on behalf of the CEO on a variety of strategic projects that span from internal communication and goal setting processes to building business cases.
- Support the CEO with investors meetings preparation, preparing regular reports and responding to incoming requests.
- Support the CEO in setting FACEIT’s strategic priorities and translating them into execution.
- Writing communications for the CEO such as: company newsletters, reports, pitch decks, speeches, or presentations.
- Act as a sounding board to the CEO for new ideas and initiatives.
- Organise and schedule the board and leadership team meetings, making sure materials are sent in advance, time is well spent, and objectives are achieved.
- Ensure upcoming meetings are relevant, well structured, and that the preparation is complete and correct.
- Ensure action points coming out of meetings are implemented.
- Ensure that the CEO is prepared in advance for every meeting
- Manage and coordinate the preparation of the materials required for meetings led by the CEO (Leadership Meetings, All Hands and Board Meetings). Ensure the CEO has up to date information from every function in advance of questions from the board.
- Attend meetings in place of the CEO and make decisions on the CEO’s behalf.
- Bridge communication between the CEO and internal departments when needed
- Prepare presentations and updates for internal audiences, such as leadership reports, summaries of board meetings, or key internal company presentations.
- Look after relevant internal company updates (conference blog posts, All Hands, etc), external presentations (client pitches, business reviews, board materials), and other CEO-driven communications are of excellent quality.
OKR Process Management:
- Support the CEO in running and monitoring the quarterly goal-setting process (OKRs).
- Initiate and guide the OKR process according to the OKR schedule
- Review OKR suggestions to ensure they fit the requirements before the CEO review
- Lead special projects critical to the success of the business.
- Connect teams that are working on similar initiatives creating cross-departmental relationships to enable leadership success.
So, what are we looking for?
- Capacity to become a senior leader at FACEIT.
- Proven ability to quickly learn new things.
- Concise written and verbal communication.
- Good knowledge of business, finance, and data analysis.
- Demonstrated drive for results through a history of achievements and strategy.
- History of driving complex projects in the face of ambiguity.
- Proven track record of effectively interacting with senior stakeholders on cross-functional projects.
- Experience leading a team.
- Comfortable working in time-sensitive and rapidly evolving situations.
- High tolerance for ambiguity and complexity, while being efficient with limited resources.
- Sense of humbleness with no job being too big or too small to undertake.
- Ability to assimilate research and build business cases for market development Understanding of key financial concepts.
- 4+ years combined experience in:
- Senior operating role at a significant fast-growing startup,
- Strategy consulting,
- Investment Banking, or
- Venture capital.
- Operational experience in a previous role.
We would get especially excited if you have experience with the following:
- Previous experience in Video Gaming / Esports.
- This role can offer flexible working, and we would envisage the successful candidate to split their time working remotely (80%) and from our London, Amsterdam and/or LA office(s).
- Private Medical Insurance;
- Travel Insurance;
- Life Assurance;
- Income Protection;
- Cashback on dental care;
- Lunch provided daily (when you’re in the office!);
- Kitchen stocked with refreshments (coffee machines everywhere – our founding team is Italian after all!);
- Company book club, and gaming nights;
- Flexible working environment;
- Company (virtual) drinks session every Friday;
- Quarterly team outings;
- Your professional growth is important to us. We provide ongoing training opportunities;
- And best of all Free Premium FACEIT user account